Check items to add to the cart or select all
The BlueSMiRF is the latest Bluetooth® wireless serial cable replacement from SparkFun Electronics! These modems work as a serial (RX/TX) pipe. Any serial stream from 9600 to 115200bps can be passed seamlessly from your computer to your target. We've tested these units successfully over open air at 350ft (106m)!
The remote unit can be powered from 3.3V up to 6V for easy battery attachment. All signal pins on the remote unit are 3V-6V tolerant. No level shifting is required. Do not attach this device directly to a serial port. You will need an RS232 to TTL converter circuit if you need to attach this to a computer.
Please note: This unit ships with the new Roving Networks bluetooth module. The command set is not compatible with the previous Mitsumi module, this unit uses an improved command set.
Unit comes without a connector. Please see related male and female pins below.
- FCC Approved Class 1 Bluetooth® Radio Modem
- Extremely small radio - 0.15x0.6x1.9"
- Very robust link both in integrity and transmission distance (100m) - no more buffer overruns!
- Low power consumption : 25mA avg
- Hardy frequency hopping scheme - operates in harsh RF environments like WiFi, 802.11g, and Zigbee
- Encrypted connection
- Frequency: 2.4~2.524 GHz
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V-6V
- Serial communications: 2400-115200bps
- Operating Temperature: -40 ~ +70C
- Built-in antenna
- RN-41 AT Command Set
- Roving Networks Bluetooth® module datasheet
- Schematic v1
- Connecting to a SSC-32 Robot
- Which Bluetooth® Module to buy?
This is a single unit only. We recommend the purchase a USB dongle to interface to a computer if you do not already have access to a computer with Bluetooth connectivity.